Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to bring with me when applying for an apartment?

  • Download and complete the rental application for:  Ballenger Woods Townhomes, Mountain Glen Apartments, Fairway Vista Apartments or Greenspring Apartments.
  • Each applicant must provide their social security card. If the applicant does not have a Social Security Card or a Tax Identification Card, a letter from the Social Security Office can be provided in its place. Applicants must also provide a valid picture ID. This can be in the form of a driver’s license, U.S. Passport, Resident Alien Card, Foreign Passport with valid US visa or any other government issued ID.
  • Each applicant must provide (2) two recent pay stubs. Those who have been employed with their current employer for less than (1) one year must provide information from their previous employer. Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of $35 Per Applicant. (payable by money order or personal check).

How long is the lease period?

A typical lease period is one year; however, in certain situations arrangements can be made. For more information, please visit the community’s leasing offices.

When can I move in?

Tenants can move-in as soon as the required documentation is provided, a credit check has been performed, a lease is signed and a security deposit is on hand. Rent will be pro-rated from the move-in date.

Are pets allowed?

Yes, rules regarding pets vary at each community. Contact us for more details.

Do I need Renter's Insurance?

At Village Development we REQUIRE each resident, for their protection, maintain a low cost renters insurance policy throughout the lease agreement. This insurance protects the resident's belongings, in the event of a catastrophe such as (but not limited to) a fire, theft and other perils even a Hurricane.

Is rental furniture available?

While our apartments do not come furnished, our leasing offices are happy to assist tenants with securing rental furniture for their new home.

How can I check what appliances are included with my rental?

Skyline Development strives to provide our tenants with a wide variety of luxuries. In keeping with that, we encourage applicants and tenants to visit the individual community’s page for a detailed list of appliances available.

Are any Corporate Housing options offered?

Village Developement is always interested in working with local businesses to help meet housing needs. Please contact a specific community for more information on corporate housing.

How can I find out about any specials or discounts offered?

Please visit the individual community’s page for incentive offerings or call the leasing office for more information.

Are apartment floor plans available?

Floor plans are available for all apartment layouts. Please visit the individual community’s page to view floor plans for the available units.

Can apartments be viewed prior to filling out an application?

Yes! Applicants are encouraged to view the apartment (if available) that they are interested in prior to preparing the application.

How can I learn more about the area surrounding my community?

Each community’s home page offers a “Neighborhood” link, allowing users to learn more about the surrounding community. Whether you are looking for schools, shopping, restaurants, or virtually anything else, check out the “Neighborhood” page.

How do I get directions to community I'm interested in?

Those interested in receiving directions to any of our properties are encouraged to visit the individual property page. Here, guests can obtain access to each property’s phone number, address and printable directions.

How can I pay my rent online?

The “Pay Rent Online” is currently available in all Village Development communities. This feature is available on the specific Community Page of the Resident Login. For your convnience you can set up one time or recurring payments. Our communities accept credit card and allow you to sign up for RentPayment.

How are service requests handled?

Non-Emergency Maintenance Service Requests can be quickly and easily submitted directly to your maintenance department by using the 24-hour on-line Service Request Form accessible on your Community Page through the Resident Login.  We encourage tenants to submit their service requests online so we may track the status of the request and ensure fulfilment. For urgent requests, the telephone number for your community’s maintenance department can also be found on the Community Page.

What if I am interested in purchasing an apartment or home?

While the majority of our apartments are rentals only, we do offer a select number of condominiums for sale as well as custom built homes throughout the Northeast. For more information on properties for sale, visit